Don't Miss

EVENT PREVIEW – St. Paul Village Community Walk & 5K Run | March 4 | Chapel Hill, NC

Sitting at the crossroad of Chapel Hill and Carrboro, St. Paul African Methodist Episcopal Church has been a community fixture for 153 years. Among the congregation’s vision for the next hundred plus years is St. Paul Village – a multi-use and multi-generational development providing amenities and resources to the Chapel Hill-Carrboro community. The project will be developed on the church-owned 20.4 acres at the corner of Rogers Road and Purefoy Drive. The proposed site plan, to be built in three phrases, includes a new worship sanctuary and fellowship hall; mixed-use senior and affordable housing; daycare; a wellness center; museum and memorial garden. Just as St. Paul Village will serve the entire community and not just the church itself, the fifth annual St. Paul Village Community Walk & 5K Run has been a community fundraiser that assists with sharing the vision of the project. The event brings together political officials,  commissioners, state senators, mayors, police chiefs, and town officials from Carrboro and Chapel Hill. Former UNC basketball player Phil Ford participates each year. Orange County Superior Judge Allen Baddour has been the overall winner for all 4 years. This family-friendly event has increased the number of entrants, ranging from age 5 to 85. Proceeds from the family-friendly event are divided between the church’s capital campaign receiving 90% and 2 community nonprofit groups receiving the remaining 10%. The 2017 nonprofits will be Meals on Wheels and Rogers-Eubanks Neighorhood Assocation (RENA). Early Bird Registration is open until February 1 for the St. Paul Village Community Walk & 5K Run on March 4th at McDougle School (900 Old Fayetteville Road, Chapel Hill, NC).

For more information and to register visit www.stpaulamechapelhill.org