By Jennifer Rudolph
- 1 Box of King Arthur Gluten Free Plain Muffin Mix
- ½ cup of a gluten free baking mix, like Bisquick
- 1/3 cup of ground chia seeds
- 2 single serving applesauce cups
- 6 Tbsp of vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 2 mashed bananas, folded in last
Preheat oven to 375.
Mix all ingredients except bananas by hand until blended.
If desired, add chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, or blueberries.
Grease pans for 24 medium sized muffins, or line with greased paper liners. Let batter rest for about 10 minutes and then fill cups 2/3 full.
Bake for 18-22 minutes, until golden on top and toothpick comes out clean. Do not overcook! They are better slightly undercooked as they will continue to set while cooling. Once cooled they are best stored in an airtight container in the freezer. They can be re-heated from frozen in 30 seconds, or throw a couple in a Ziploc baggie for a long bike ride. Enjoy!