Writers will be racing to Fontana Dam, NC, on June 19, 2017 to attend the world’s only writing retreat that also incorporates running a race as part of the agenda. Space is limited to 24 participants who think of themselves as writers and runners (or walkers). The culminating event of the 6-day, 5-night writing retreat is a 10k trail race on Saturday, June 24 through the Nantahala National Forest of the Great Smoky Mountains. The race is limited to 250 participants and is also open to walkers.
The Writers Who Run (or Walk) Retreat combines the best of both worlds all in one trip, saving you time and money. One website visitor commented, “What an awesome concept. I cannot believe I’ve found this. It’s like Goldilocks discovering just the right bed! Writing retreats are sedentary. Running retreats are exhausting. But this one sounds just right!”
The retreat promises to be rejuvenating, educational, productive, and social. The 10k trail race isn’t just a race. It’s an inspirational journey including some of the most popular racing elements that attract runners: adventure, costumes, charity, and bling!
- Rejuvenating: Write, run, and relax
- Educational: Hone your writing craft
- Productive: Time to work on your novel
- Social: Connect with other writers and runners
- Adventurous: A footbridge amidst 2.5 miles of narrow trails
- Thematic: Dress up as a book character
- Charitable: Donate a children’s book for literacy
- Brag-able: Awesome finisher medal
Writers Who Run was founded by Christie Wright Wild, a writer who realized that the only time she ever traveled was to go to a writing event or a running event. There’s finally a solution where you can do both in the same trip!
Find out more at www.WritersWhoRunRetreat.com