Posted by: Joe Nuss on Apr 17, 2011
Trail Running & Wellness Retreat for Women:
Mind, Body and Good for the Soul
Ever dreamed of just running wild? Like the way that sounds, huh? Now you actually can! Run Wild Retreats has announced their second Trail Running & Wellness Retreat for Women August 18-21 at the Vagabond Ranch, in Granby, Colorado. Last year’s inaugural retreat was an unforgettable weekend of beautiful weather, fantastic trails and a most amazing group of women, just like you. This year’s retreat will be even bigger and better—four days, more time to run, more presentations and expert advice as well as yoga and massages.
The Trail Running & Wellness Retreat for Women offers all-inclusive adventure for women that refresh the spirit, invigorate the body and soothe the soul with trail running, yoga and informative classes about trail-running technique, sports nutrition, injury prevention, gear selection, hill training and how to train for specific fitness, health or race goals.
Also new is that this year’s retreat is presented by the authors of Run Like a Mother. Sarah Bowen Shea and Dimity McDowell will run with us and share their expertise and personal experiences as runners, mothers and women striving to get fit without losing their families, jobs or sanity!
“This non-competitive active retreat pairs daily guided trail runs and yoga classes with professionally led seminars on sports conditioning, nutrition and injury prevention,” says Elinor Fish, event organizer and former editor of Trail Runner magazine. “Each day will include a guided trail run, at your choice of pace, of 4 to 10 miles on alpine trails, personalized running-form evaluation and an introduction to natural running technique.”
• Three nights at the historic Vagabond Ranch, surrounded by wilderness in the Colorado Rockies
• Nourishing, wholesome meals from Thursday dinner through Sunday brunch.
• Daily rejuvenating yoga classes designed specifically for runners.
• Trail runs with experienced and knowledgeable trail runners.
• Individual assessment of running form, tips for trail-running technique.
• Classes on training, sports nutrition, goal setting, trail-running gear and injury prevention.
• Inspirational talks from notable female endurance athletes.
• Goodie bag containing generous sponsor gifts.
# # #
Package Prices: $895 for a shared room, $975 for a private room.